Our children are counting on us to not only be their voice, but to ensure that each and every one of them has a fair start in life and that each and every one of them has an opportunity to be heard and to assume their rightful role in humanity.
Coli and I moved to Port St Lucie in October of 2016, just 3 days before Hurricane Matthew.
we are excited about living and serving in Port St Lucie, for we have seen an amazing spirit in the people who live, work, play here.
My desire is to work with the community, both at Grace Lutheran PSL and PSL at large, to make
Quality Improvement Peer Reviewer, Girl Matters Trainer, General Instructor Techniques Trained, EPICS (Effective Practices in Community Supervision) Trainer, Program Reviewer, ARISE Life Skills Trained, CPR and First Aid Trained.
Christiana is the Family Ministry Coordinator for Trinity Lutheran in Ft Pierce. She is married to husband Robert and mother to an active 7 year old boy.
Christiana earned her BS in chemical engineering and has a background in teaching. She’s also handled budgets and raised fund for small to medium nonprofits.
Pastor Richard is husband to Anne, and father to Eleanor, Charlotte and Jude. His greatest passion in life is to help people connect with Jesus Christ in a way that is healing and transformative. Pastor Richard came to Florida to serve Trinity Fort Pierce in November.
There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
More Information coming soon!
Jonathan is an Engineer and Katie is a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. They are originally from Miami and Pensacola, Florida. Jonathan and Katie are newly married and have recently moved from Chicago back to their home state to become residents of Port Saint Lucie.
• My name: Rev. Larry Allan Schaefer
• My position: Child of God, Servant, with my Lord, Christ Jesus, Bible study multiplier. and immersing people in the mission of God; seeking all His lost sheep.
• My work experience: Farmer’s son, Paper route, Custodial assistant, Box bridge construction worker, Cook’s assistant in college dining hall, worked with catering events company, Lutheran Elementary and Middle School Teacher, Outdoor education and canoe instructor, Lutheran Pastor, Husband, Parent, Grandparent, Friend.
• What I do and who I do it for: I share the love of Christ Jesus with the people in my neighborhood, help them with their physical needs, and pray with them. I serve on the Board of Directors of Rebecca’s Garden of Hope (RSO). I, also, currently meet with families in Orlando, FL; two single parent families AND seven families from Haiti each week, sharing the love of Jesus with them.
• What I do outside of work: Daily, I enjoy walking, praying, “Our Father…”. weeding, cultivating, planting vegetables and flowers, harvesting, and delivering food to those in need in Orlando, FL.
• Professional accomplishments:
I received a Bachelor of Science in Education degree in January 1965, from Concordia Teachers College, Seward, NE.
I served as principal and teacher at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School, Preston Kansas, from January 1965 - August 1968.
I served as teacher at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School. Glen Burnie, MD from 1968-1993.
I graduated with a Master of Education degree from Towson State College, Baltimore, MD, in 1973.
I graduated from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO and was ordained and installed as pastor at First St John’s Lutheran Church, York, PA, on October 27, 1996, where I served as pastor until November 1, 2007.
I served as part-time vacancy pastor at Trinity Lutheran Church, Ft Pierce, FL, 2011-2012.
I served as part-time vacancy pastor at Trinity Lutheran Church, Orlando, FL in 2017.
I served as part-time vacancy pastor at Our Savior Lutheran Church, Orlando, FL, 2018-2022.
Personal story: I was born March 24, 1942, in Ellsworth, KS. I was baptized a child of God at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Ellsworth, Kanas on April 19, 1942. I publicly confirmed my free gift of grace from our triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Wichita, KS on March 25, 1956, one day after my fourteenth birthday. Carol May Bussey and I were married on July 31, 1965, in Glen Burnie, MD. Son, Mark, was born in Wichita, Kansas, July 24, 1967. Daughter, Cindy, was born in Annapolis, MD, January 24, 1971. We lived in Ocean City, MD from 2007-2014, and since 2014, our home is in Oviedo, FL. Larry and Carol have three grand-sons, Matthew, born 1997, Nathan, born 1999, and Maurice, born 2009.
Betty is a Widow, living in a suburb of Chicago, she has given most of her time, after raising her children and the death of her husband. to serving those in need in her community through Good Samaritan Ministries as a client counselor and Treasurer of their Board of Directors.